In 1946 plans were looked at by the Leeds Corporation for the next phase of building the Belle Isle Estate. The plans listed over 700 semi detached houses and over 200 flats.
Also in the plans were 2 semi detached houses for a children's home, a detached house each for a Doctor and another for a Dentist, also 2 semi detached houses for Midwives.
The plan was to make Belle Isle a self contained Community, with a library, swimming baths and an open air pool. The plans also consisted of a cinema, 2 hotels, working men's club and 2 churches - one Congregational and the the other Roman Catholic.
The plan also had a Police Station, which was built at the the top of Belle Isle near Belle Isle Road and Middleton Park Road and would be run by an Inspector. The Police Station was eventually pulled down in the 1960s.
Some of the new roads to be named were ... Belle Isle Road, Middleton Park Road, Town Street, Lanshaw Crescent and Nesfield Road.