1882 ... Mr. G. W. Hick gave up his business to sell by auction. The entire stock of the Sanitary Tube Works, Belle Isle Road was to go. His stock included 120,000 white glazed bricks, 10,000 yards of socketed glazed sanitary tubes. Also to go were traps, gullies, trough closets and more.
1927 ... FOR SALE ... Immediate possession - new houses off Belle Isle Road, Balm Road tram terminus - £450. Special financial assistance given.
1949 ... Letters page in the newspaper
J. Sinclair of Belle Isle wrote ... Regarding the new Belle Isle Circular tram route, surely it would have been sensible to make the terminus for the number 26 Belle Isle Cars at the old number 27 terminus instead of at the Broom Estate. Middleton residents now have the choice of two trams from town. Belle Isle residents up to the Broom Estate have a choice of two trams and two buses and the residents higher up Belle Isle often find the "circular" tram their only one, full of passengers only travelling half the journey.
1943 ... CITY OF LEEDS PLANNING SCHEME - NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN - Application has been made to the Leeds City Council Planning Scheme for their consent to the erection of ...
1. Proposed Licensed Premises on land situate in Middleton Road near New Hall Farm
2. Proposed Licensed Premises on land near the junction of Belle Isle Road and Middleton Road
3. Proposed Transport Depot on land situate near junction of Belle Isle Road and Middleton Road
4. Three schools as situate as follows ...
a .. Between Nesfield View and Broom Place
b .. Between Belle Isle Road and Middleton Road
c .. Between Belle Isle Road and the premises of Middleton Estate and Colliery Co. Ltd
5. Roman Catholic Church and schools on land situate between Belle Isle Road and the premises of Middleton Estate and Colliery Co. Ltd
6. Proposed Electricity Sub Station on land situate adjoining school of 4b (above)